Saturday, October 10, 2009

The TIme Traveler's Wife


NEW BOOK! :) Okay, my first impression of The Time Traveler's Wife was that it was VERY confusing. One minute its 1991, and then its 1977, then back again. Its seemed that the dates are all over the place in no particular order. Also, I cannot find any specific plot. All of it is basically stories of how Henry and Clare met and sometimes what they are doing in the present. One thing that i found a little disturbing was the fact that Clare was only twelve and see knew that she was going to marry Henry, keeping in mind he usually appeared when he was over the age of 30. Actually, I'm enjoying the story so far (I'm about 200 pgs in out of like 500), but I feel that I have to be very focused when reading this book because the dates matter. Its also very unpredictable. You can never know what years the story will be taking place in next or what ages the characters will be. I also think its interesting that the "present Henry" has absolutely no recollection of Clare at all yet she knows much about him. I even feel a bit sorry for Clare, because the "present Henry" is not at all the man that she grew up with all those years.
In all honesty, I chose this book because it is a fantasy story as well as romance. Usually, I have no patience for love stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment